Konstamonitou is built on the southwest side of Mt. Athos approximately 1 hour from the sea. Its existence is mentioned from the 11th century. Its Catholicon is of the period 1860-1871 and its feast day is St. Stephen on December 27. Among its relics is the very old icon of St. Stephen, the icon of Theotokos Odigitria and the icon of Theotokos Antifonitria. Its library contains 110 manuscripts and many printed works. The monastery is 20th in the hierarchy of Mt. Athos.